Blog: How to Achieve Acne-Free Skin
Posted September 25, 2019 in Acne
Blemishes can be a significant cause for alarm when they creep up on your face, neck, and back.
Pimples and imperfections can be concealed using makeup, but most patients would prefer to eliminate the issue altogether and achieve clear, healthy skin without bumps and red spots.
Our Goodbye Acne package in Beverly Hills, CA, can alleviate blemishes and acne through non-surgical techniques.
Each plan is tailored to meet your skincare needs. Our team can evaluate your skin type and concerns during a consultation, then create a treatment plan to achieve your ideal skin.
Say Goodbye to Acne
Multiple needles create tiny puncture wounds deep within the layers of skin to promote collagen production, elastin, and hyaluronic acid within the dermis.
The body’s natural healing process improves the surface of the skin, providing a smoother, tighter surface.
Microneedling can treat acne, scars, large pores, skin tone, and texture, as well as address many other concerns.
Laser resurfacing uses local anesthesia to provide a comfortable procedure.
The laser is placed strategically over the treatment areas for precise application.
Then, the laser is slowly moved to expel the outer skin layers and uncover the underlying layer of smooth skin.
The process is then followed by LED light treatments to reduce acne and blemishes as well as promote healthy skin growth.
A cooling gel is applied to protect the skin, and a handheld device is gently moved across the treatment areas to provide light pulses.
These light pulses break up unwanted melanin and shrink the broken blood vessels to refresh the skin and stimulate the underlying collagen layer.
The finishing touch is a prescribed skincare system to maintain your refreshed, healthy, smooth skin.
Our team analyses your skin type during your consultation to ensure an optimal routine is taken to maintain your results.
Tips to Prolong Your Clearer Skin
Addressing acne through minimally-invasive techniques can provide clear skin, but without continuing new healthy habits, your skin can return to the clogged, oily state it was before.
Additional ways to correct your acne issues can include:
- Eating a well-balanced diet rich in vitamins and nutrients. Sugar, carbohydrates, and dairy may contribute to your skin issues, so try cutting back on these to see if it helps improve your skin.
- Maintaining a regular skincare regimen designed for your skin type. Washing your face twice a day and using oil-free moisturizers can help reduce the overproduction of oils.
- Drinking a lot of water throughout the day.
- Avoiding touching your face at all times, especially scratching or picking at active pimples or blackheads.
- Using cosmetics that do not clog pores. You may find oil-free products useful.
- Cleaning your phone, pillowcases, and makeup sponges or brushes frequently.
- Considering banishing bangs or hair that touches your face. Oily residue from your hair (especially if you wash it less often than every day or use hair products) can produce more oil on your face and clog your pores.
- Protecting your skin from sun exposure.
- Being gentle to your skin. Harsh scrubs or rubbing too hard with a washrag can irritate your skin and cause further breakouts.
- Controlling your stress levels. Finding an activity or hobby that helps lower your stress may reduce your acne breakouts.
- Washing your face or showering after working out. Sweat caused by exercising can trigger a breakout.